In recognition for the efforts of those who fought to forge a community based, activist informed, and politically involved curriculum that AAADS strives for today, a series of events have been organized to pay homage to that history. These series of events are directed to preserve and advance the objectives that the veterans of the 1969 twlf strike for. More details will follow as individual events approach.
- November 8,-10, 2018. SF State TWLF 50th Panels. Towers Conference Center. Registration for Event:
- November 10, 2018, 12:PM at 005 Hearst Ave/Milvia, Berkeley. AAPA Plaque Ceremony. Sponsored by AAPA@50 (Asian American Political Alliance Veterans).
- November 13, 2018. 6:00 PM. California Historical Society, 678 Missions St., SF. Commemorating the SF State TWLF Strike. Tickets.
- January 22, 2019. 50th Anniversary of the TWLF Strike of 1969. Sproul Rally to read the original TWLF 1969 demands. Time and Location TBA. Cosponsored by the Center for Race and Gender, the Multicultural Community Center, American Cultures Program, and others.
- April 26, 27 & 28, 2019. Symposium—including breakout sessions and cultural performances at UC Berkeley. Time and Location TBA. Cosponsored by the Multicultural Community Center, American Cultures Program, the Center for Race and Gender, and others.
Past Events (For Fall 2019):
April 26, 2018. 4:30pm. 370 Dwinelle Hall, UCB. Center for Race and Gender sponsored Film Screening and Panel: “Agents of Change,” a film by Frank R. Dawson and Abbey Ginzburg. Panelists: Jason Ferreira, Ziza Delgado, Juanita Tamayo Lott.
September 30, 2018. 3:30pm. Undergrad student forum at the Center for Latino Policy Research: What is the third world Liberation Front? Panelists: Roberto Hernando (1999) and Harvey Dong (1969).
October 6, 2018. twLF 1969, twLF 1999, 2010, 2017 Inter-generational Gathering. Co-sponsors: Multicultural Community Center, the American Cultures Program, the Center for Race and Gender, TWLF 1969, twLF 1999, 2010 Alumni; Ethnic Studies, UCB. Breakout sessions on future of ethnic studies programs.
Oct 14, 2018. Homecoming Panel talk and reception sponsored by AAADS, UC Berkeley. 2-5pm, 2050 Valley Life Sciences Building. The Future of Asian Americans in a Multiracial United States.